Parent Teacher Organization’s (PTO) mission is to provide support to teachers and staff of Shekinah Christian School (SCS). PTO accomplishes their mission by organizing various activities throughout the year:
- Grandparent’s Day: Hosts a biennial Grandparent’s Day, including lunch, in October. Each family is asked to prepare a food item for the meal. Additional volunteers are needed with set-up, decorating, food preparation, serving and cleaning afterwards.
- Parent/Teacher Conference Meals: Organizes an evening meal for teachers and staff throughout the night for parent/teacher conferences (two nights per semester). Parents are encouraged to sign-up to bring a food item.
- Christmas Program: Arranges decorations and refreshments. Requests all parents to bring two-dozen cookies to enjoy and fellowship over after the program.
- Teacher Appreciation: A teacher appreciation meal is prepared in the Spring.
- Spirit Wear: PTO carries a limited supply of approved SCS spirit wear in the school office. Please stop by the school office to see what is available.
To accomplish these goals, PTO raises funds through:
- Box Tops: Start scanning your receipts to earn money for SCS! In order to scan your receipts and earn money for SCS you will need to download the app in your mobile device's app store.
- Cookbooks: SCS cookbooks have favorite family recipes and make great birthday, Christmas and special occasion gifts, Cookbooks may be purchased in the SCS office for $13.
The PTO is always looking for willing parents to help with these special projects!