Parent Teacher Organization’s (PTO) mission is to provide support to teachers and staff of Shekinah Christian School (SCS). PTO accomplishes their mission by organizing various activities throughout the year:
- Grandparent’s Day: Hosts an annual Grandparent’s Day including lunch in October. Each family is asked to prepare a food item for the meal. Additional volunteers are needed with set-up, decorating, food preparation, serving and cleaning afterwards.
- Parent/Teacher Conference Meals: Organizes an evening meal for teachers and staff throughout the night for parent/teacher conferences (two nights per quarter). Parents are encouraged to sign-up to bring a food item.
- Christmas Program: Arranges decorations and refreshments requesting all parents to bring two-dozen cookies to enjoy and fellowship after the program.
- Teacher Appreciation: A teacher appreciation meal is prepared in the Spring.
- Spring Musical Showcase: Coordinates refreshments for all to enjoy after the showcase.
- Spirit Store: Check out the cool Shekinah wear in the school office (i.e. t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, bags, etc.). An online store is being worked on and will give you the ability to order online with additional options.
To accomplish these goals, PTO raises funds through:
- Box Tops and Campbell’s Soup Labels: Start clipping and saving your Box Tops and Campbell’s Soup labels to earn money for SCS. The PTO has two collection times throughout the year. During the fall collection, PTO has a contest to see which class turns in the most Box Tops for a fun class reward.
- Cookbooks: SCS cookbooks have family favorite recipes and make great birthday, Christmas and special occasion gifts and may be purchased in SCS school office.
The PTO is always looking for willing parents to help with these special projects!