Parent Teacher Organization’s (PTO) mission is to provide support to teachers and staff of Shekinah Christian School (SCS). PTO accomplishes their mission by organizing various activities throughout the year:
- Grandparent’s Day: Hosts an annual Grandparent’s Day including lunch in October. Each family is asked to prepare a food item for the meal. Additional volunteers are needed with set-up, decorating, food preparation, serving and cleaning afterwards.
- Parent/Teacher Conference Meals: Organizes an evening meal for teachers and staff throughout the night for parent/teacher conferences (two nights per semester). Parents are encouraged to sign-up to bring a food item.
- Christmas Program: Arranges decorations and refreshments, requests all parents to bring two-dozen cookies to enjoy and fellowship over after the program.
- Teacher Appreciation: A teacher appreciation meal is prepared in the Spring.
- Spring Musical Showcase: Coordinates refreshments for all to enjoy after the showcase.
- Spirit Store: Check out the cool Shekinah wear in the school office (i.e. t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, bags, etc.). An online store is being worked on and will give you the ability to order online with additional options.
To accomplish these goals, PTO raises funds through:
- Box Tops: Start clipping and saving your Box Tops to earn money for SCS. The PTO has a basket in the school office to receive Box Tops at any time. We offer monthly incentives to each student for turning in Box Tops.
- Cookbooks: SCS cookbooks have favorite family recipes and make great birthday, Christmas and special occasion gifts, Cookbooks may be purchased in the SCS office for $13.
The PTO is always looking for willing parents to help with these special projects!